Language is the kingpin in every aspect of our every-day life. We cannot function appropriately without using communication based on language. Our daily interaction with people by using a particular language helps us to convey our thoughts, desires and interests to them. We are able to express ourselves and understand the world around us thoroughly. The ability to communicate differentiates humans from other species. We communicate by using words, gestures and a tone of voice in a plethora of situations. Communication is our driving-force. It serves as an outlet of our emotional and psychological state.
In the ever-growing business world, employers are continuously on the lookout for hiring individuals who can express themselves with clarity and have the ability to solve new and unusual problems in a clear and accessible form. These skills are central to their linguistic ability and are applied in every sector across industries. With rapid growth and advancements in technology the daily interface between machines and individuals has increased drastically. It has led to a demand for linguists to work on development of speech recognition and synthesis, to facilitate computers to generate and interpret natural language.
We now delve into the main reasons why businesses are concentrating on acquiring help from the professional services of translation/interpreting agencies:
- Translation aids the expansion strategy of firms and is therefore crucial for them. It is considered as the core component contributing to success when conducting cross-border businesses and dealing with multi-lingual customers.
- Translation services in businesses help in reaching a wider audience and tapping into new consumer market bases. This leads to tremendous growth in revenues and profits for the business. The company reaches great heights because of their flexible and broad approach.
- The business gets a global presence. Owing to its reach in the foreign markets the value and reputation of the brand is drastically increased. Organizations the world over rely on different markets to achieve their targets. A strong local presence of a company in various markets is often seen as a key factor in sustaining profitability and growth for the company.
- The company’s credibility is increased when it is flourishing in various diverse markets. It builds a very positive image about the company in the mind of the consumer, who are able to trust it more than others. This effect is central to the translation component. As it is unthinkable and almost impossible to reach out to the booming markets, all around the world especially, in developing countries without clearing the language barrier with the help of translating services.
- A translation service in business helps to create effective communication and enhances smooth functioning in a cross-cultural and multi-lingual environment. When the working environment is perfect it emits an increase in productivity by the work-force engaged in working.
Thus, in order to be successful and maintain that success consistently, it is important to adhere to the ongoing trends internationally. The new trend suggests businesses incorporate translation services in all their dealings with different language areas be it domestic or abroad. It provides a strong base and is one of the reasons for the companies to achieve sky-rocketed profit rate.
About the Author
Tim is a freelance writer and also contributes at Technovate Translations – a company that provides interpretation and document translation services. If not writing for the language and culture subject, he’s in the music room doing some guitar licks